Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A Heartbreaking Choice?

Words are spoken that I dread to hear,
At a time when, for me, happiness is so near,
She says that women can't be best friends with men,
Other halves don't appreciate that, but I want to know since when?
Her words have led me to fear for our friendship,
Any words I speak could end it, even if they are just a slip,
She makes it sound as if I have to make a choice,
A heartbreaking choice between love and friends that can't end in rejoice,
Why is it I can't have both of these wonderful things?
The thought of having them both almost gives me wings,
But back in the harsh world of reality, they are clipped,
I land with a thud, before being asked which...

Now is where the heart begins to break,
Now is where I lose something that was so hard to make,
Now is where I am forced to choose,
Now is where I have to choose what to lose...

No comments:

Post a Comment