Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Our Last Chat

I remember our final words,
They sit vaguely in my memories,
I was heading to a rugby game,
Much to your surprise,
You asked me why…

I laughed and shrugged my shoulders,
Nothing else to do,
I’m sure that was my reply,
Myself and your dad went out the door,
I didn’t know that would be the last time I saw you breathing…

I can’t remember the conversation’s path
After ‘nothing better to do’,
I don’t recall any hints of your intentions,
All I remember are your smile and eyes,
They didn’t look like they wanted to die…

I suppose I was too young to read the signals,
Looking back now, I still can’t see any,
I guess I’ll never fully understand your motives,
Although I can make some educated guesses,
I know they are close to the mark…

Everything has moved so fast since that night on Tommy’s porch,
The world didn’t notice when your feet left the chair,
But I did,
We all did,
We still do…

And we always will…

No comments:

Post a Comment