Friday, June 6, 2008

Frank

Life’s complications,
Its worrying omissions,
Its many dimensions
And worrying superstitions
Choke young Frank like water in a rising ship…

He constantly runs his hands through his hair,
Hoping that something not there
Will suddenly appear
And make everything fair
In a world that quite simply isn’t…

He lives in denial,
Ignoring life’s trials,
Hoping everything will be handed to him
In one large ‘life & coping’ file
That’ll provide the answers he just can’t find himself…

"Who am I really?
Where is my she?
How can I be set free
From the confines of reality?"
He wonders these things everyday in silence…

He wants to try and forget,
He wants to escape his regret,
But his life’s not over yet
And this always makes him fret,
Since he can’t escape the past, he wants the end…

No one knew he was capable
Of being so unstable,
His constant smile was a fable,
One which keeping up was a struggle,
He never understood his place…

"Why am I here?
Why my constant fear?
Why can’t I live with the cheer
That makes people hold me so dear?"
He never understood anything…

In the end, it all proved too much
For Frank to live in a world of fictitious love,
He had enough of living in a sea of lies,
He had enough of being deceived by eyes,
He went to a tower, looked down at the ground…

Upon hitting the bottom...
"My peace was found…"

(I include Frank because Frank is a person who doesn't like to be left out of things, no matter how big or small - also, the narrative interests me, even if it could be argued the varying syllable lengths of each line potentially upset the reader's flow).

No comments:

Post a Comment